This is a form of consumptive utilization whereby residents and residents non – citizens are given legal access to wildlife use at a subsidized fees. Resident hunting is conducted in Game Controlled Areas and open Areas
The following is a procedure for resident hunting:
- Hunting period starts on 1st July to 31st December every year.
- Hunting quotas are set by a special committee.
- Director of wildlife issues hunting quotas to the respective districts upon their application.
- Interested individuals submit application for hunting licence to the District Game Officers (DGOs)
- Hunting licenses are issued upon payment of relevant game fees, where revenue accruing is retained for use by the respective District Councils.
- Hunting operations are supervised by District Game Officers